With trees blossoming everywhere and the Tulip Festival in full swing, Ottawa is amazingly pretty at this time of the year. What to shoot today? Blossom trees or tulips? That is a question. I chose to shoot trees as I recall the Dominion Arboretum offers some wonderful vista from the slope.
Arrived at Dominion Arboretum slightly after sunrise, I rushed out of the car and set up the tripod in a hurry. The hot air ballon rose up slowly, there was not enough time to fine tune composition. I took a few shots with various exposures but the sample focal length, wide enough to include the important elements.
1)The photo below is cropped from a single shot.
2) Sun coming behind the trees. The final image is a blend of 4 exposures
3) Focusing point was careful chosen so that both the blossoms in the foreground and the background trees are sharp
4) A straight forward shot. Directional but soft sun light came from the side provides excellent tonality and 3D feel.
5) The red bridge and reflections draw my attention
5) I feel the blossoms are into my face. Love the soft shadow.
6) This driveway is truly scenic.